Click on the banner to visit Jason A. Kilgore's Amazon author page

Friday, January 25, 2019

Award for Non-Fiction Essay: "Grandma's Tin Pan"

I'm happy to report that I won a writing contest.  First place!  Woot!

It was for a non-fiction essay contest at the writer community, Fanstory.com, for my essay, "Grandma's Tin Pan."

My grandmother Kilgore had this little pan, which was all beat up, but she used it nearly every day. Turns out it was one of her most prized possessions, as it was the first thing she and her husband had bought, back during the Great Depression. For her, it symbolized the love of family and how she provided for them.

The piece also earned the Fanstory.com "Recognized" ribbon for the many excellent reviews that other readers left the piece. I was surprised by the wonderful comments people left. Just go to the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the little "view ratings" button to read them.

You can read the essay here:
https://www.fanstory.com/displaystory.jsp?hd=1&id=919763

Time to submit this to a magazine, I think!

Cheers and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts