Click on the banner to visit Jason A. Kilgore's Amazon author page

Monday, August 19, 2019

Poll Results: What pet do writers like most?

Last weekend I ran a poll on Twitter. I honestly wondered if writers were more likely to like cats or dogs, or other things.
"Rocket" helping author
D.M. Cain with her
manuscript.

I posted it in the evening and didn't think much more about it.

The next day, I was doing my weekly Saturday morning coffee shop writing session and opened up Twitter during a break. Imagine my surprise when there were 850 votes and counting! By the time the poll closed on Sunday evening (I had set it for two days), there were a whopping 1,687 votes!

The result? See below. Cats won, but only by 8% over dogs, 47 to 39%.

It's fun to read through the replies. See it HERE. Lots of writers shared pics of their furry (or feathered, or scaled) friends.


This poll was international, but here in the United States, at least, households have 30.4% cats and 36.5% dogs (source). So it would seem that authors DO prefer cats, particularly compared to the typical ownership her in the U.S.!

What kind of pet(s) do you have? Please leave a comment, below.

Cheers and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts