Click on the banner to visit Jason A. Kilgore's Amazon author page

Sunday, December 29, 2019

My first author event!

Last Friday I had my first author event, and I couldn't be happier!

The last Friday of each month is the Art Walk event in Cottage Grove, Oregon. Bookmine, one of three book stores on Main Street in that lovely little town, tries to feature a local author for each event.
Reading aloud from my book (photo by Mike Janes)

The owner, Gail, is a very pleasant lady and made a nice boutonniere for me. She's also been selling my book, Around the Corner from Sanity, there on consignment.

This particular Art Walk had a low attendance, generally. Perhaps because it immediately followed Christmas, or perhaps it wasn't well-advertised. But there were still a fair number of people who came in the store. I had great conversations with them, including one nice fellow who works for Amazon and bought a copy of my book. He was very interested in how my experience self-publishing on Amazon has been ("Generally very favorable," I told him). [HERE is my Amazon author page]

My book, Around the Corner from Sanity,
 on the shelf at Kalapuya book store
in Cottage Grove.
And I got to do a dramatic reading to a small audience. That was great fun! I read the first half of the story "Purgatory's Price" from my book, narrating in dramatic style, of course! One guy laughed and laughed. It was marvelous!

Afterward I took a few moments to check on my sales in the neighboring store, Kalapuya Books, too. It's always great fun to see my books on the shelf!

I'm definitely looking forward to my next author event, wherever that may be.

Cheers and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts