Click on the banner to visit Jason A. Kilgore's Amazon author page

Friday, January 1, 2021

A Writer's New Year's Resolution for 2021

Happy New Year's, folks. Now that it is the first day of 2021, I can truly say that hindsight is 2020. And as one of my friends said, "I'm all about giving 2020 a sight of my hind." It's been a helluva year. But despite the pandemic and any personal turmoil in my life, I can say with a smile that I wrote another book and it's almost ready for publication. Yay! 

And I'm a forward-thinker, always looking to a brighter horizon, anyhow. My writing resolutions for 2021 include publishing that book on Amazon (it's a space opera), writing another (I may pursue another horror book this year, or perhaps finish my half-finished fantasy sequel, or both!), and finding an agent so I can publish my fantasy series in a traditional publishing market. I also need to read more fiction. That's a lot to resolve!

For all you other writers out there: What are YOUR writing goals?

I ran a poll on Twitter, listing four possible resolutions. 

Unsurprisingly, over half of you wanted to finish your work in process (WIP).

Getting an agent was higher than I thought it would be, at 22%, followed by publishing your work (17%) and, lastly, figuring out marketing (for all of you who have already published, or gearing up for it), at 8%.

Whatever your goals are, I wish you all the best in reaching them. With the vaccines rolling out, I think a lot of us are looking forward to opening up again, and not just with regard to going out in public, but emotionally as well. It's been a hard year. Time to be prosperous again!

Cheers and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts