Click on the banner to visit Jason A. Kilgore's Amazon author page

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas For A Writer / Book Lover

It's a great Christmas. My kids got their first smartphones as their "big gift" this year, now that they're teens. Oh boy.

As for me, I made out well. My wife and kids showered me with books and a new writer's desk, among other things. I'm particularly happy about the writing desk. I no longer have to share the ones used by my kids, which are smaller and sorta messed up. For one thing, they tend to eat on them without cleaning up afterward, so if I'm not careful I wind up getting food residue on my manuscripts. I've also been eager to read George R.R. Martin's Fire and Blood, and I've always meant to read the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu and try to understand Taoist philosophy.

My mom also gave me a fantastic pendant by a very talented local artist, Boutique Academia (which specializes in science-based jewelry), which is a little book that unclasps to reveal copper pages. HERE is a close-up.

I've never been to Iceland, but they have a tradition called Jolabokaflod, where they give each other books on Christmas Eve and then spend the evening reading and drinking hot cocoa. I think I'll do the same!  Enjoy!

My haul (with one of my cats, Akela):



Cheers and happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts