Click on the banner to visit Jason A. Kilgore's Amazon author page

Saturday, November 2, 2019

My review of The Starving by Jon Dobbin

The StarvingThe Starving by Jon Dobbin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I found The Starving to be surprising and original. First off, it's a horror/western genre mash-up, which in itself is pretty unique. Louis L'amour meets Bram Stoker (though this isn't a vampire story, it shares the investigative and pursuit quality of it). And it is a different take on an authentic North American monster from Native American mythology, though I won't spoil the nature of it here.

Three bounty hunters capture an Indian and travel to Colorado to collect their bounty. But their goal changes when they volunteer to help the local sheriff of a small town and his deputy hunt down a creature that is slaughtering and eating the citizens. Soon they, and their Indian captive, are caught up in a life-and-death struggle against a supernatural, ravenous beast that seems undefeatable, in the wilds of the wintery Colorado forests.

I consider myself a seasoned reader, but even I was surprised by the ending -- then surprised again. This is a tale that rides high in the saddle and will leave you hungry for more.

Buy the book on Amazon HERE.

View all my reviews

Cheers and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts